Just tonight after we put the girls to bed, I kept hearing them in their room giggling. Olivia would say something and Abby would laugh so hard. It was cute, but I really wanted them to fall asleep already. I turned to Alex and said, " I really wish they would just be quiet and fall asleep". To this he replied-" I wonder how many times your Mom said that about you and your sister". Well played dear husband!!!
I remember so many times being threatened with sleeping outside with the goats if I didn't stop talking and go to sleep. So, sorry Mom for never listing and sorry Sara for constantly keeping you up talking and laughing. Don't think that I have stopped either. Alex knows that when I say I'm going to bed-it really means that 30 minutes later I will stop talking about my day and finally fall asleep. I think that it is at times like that that he really wonders what he got himself into 9 years ago when he asked me to marry him!!
5 years ago
3 comments:
I didn't realize until I got married how much I enjoyed laughing with my sisters at night.
Kimball falls asleep before his head hits the pillow and I lay there wishing I had a sister to talk to :)
Caleb often finds himself in the same situation. Just last night we giggled and laughed for over 20 minutes before finally falling asleep.
I remember doing that with my sis and getting the same threats (well, maybe not sleeping with the goats).....oh, how I miss those days! Now, whenever we visit each other, we usually stay up wwaayyyyy too late talking :)
Post a Comment