I am dying to repaint and decorate my living room/dining room/kitchen area. The previous owners had painted it a dark brown on all the walls. As my Father-in-law so well put it the other day "it is the exact color of poop". The room, especially the kitchen doesn't get a lot of light so I wanted a color that was bright and colorful. I have also been looking for fabric to make curtains to match since I don't have any blinds. I found these fabrics online and fell in love with them. I just don't know if they are too "funky" for our personalities or if other people would think they were strange.
I am thinking of painting most of the walls a light tan color and then maybe the walls behind the cabinets in the kitchen a blue or orange to match the fabric. I would love to hear you opinions. Here are some pics of the kitchen (they are really bad-my camera is a little broken) to help you visualize the space. Seriously, any opinions are needed!!
6 comments:
I have an orange kitchen and I LOVE it. I vote for orange! Dave did an orange tile backsplash too that I love and it was only like $300 all said and done. He tiled it himself, so that made it cheaper, but it looks great!
I'm an orange girl too. I'm doing alot of the same colors as in your fabric-- green, robins egg blue, orange-- LOVE it!
I think the fabric is FUN!
My opinion is that we live in the desert where everything is brown and somewhat boring. We need color and fun in our homes!
I LOVE the top fabric...the one with all the FUN squares.
From what info I've gathered (and been able to retain...lol!) over the years about decorating, here is a tip about kitchen colors. If you want your kitchen to be a warm, inviting space for 'gathering' (family and friends...hint,hint read: I'd love to come help you paint!), sharing (time and food), and creating (food and memories)then you go with the warm color family (think fall: reds, ORANGEs, yellows, etc.)
If you want your kitchen to be a relaxing place, then you go with the cool color family (blues, greens, etc.)
With all that said, my inclination on the paint is an nice orange. : ) Have fun picking out your paint and CALL me when you are ready to get started! It's always more fun to paint with friends than by yourself. : ) AND I'll even come prepared with pizza...or something other yummy treat!
I love that second fabric. They are both great though. I think, after looking at your kitchen, that I would do the blue from the second fabric. Your cabinets look like the are oak, so they probably have an orange(ish) tint to them. You might be all brown and oranged out when it's all said and done. I think that the blue would be stunning.
In my moms last kitchen, her cabinets were basically the same as yours. We painted in her kitchen a blue color and I absolutely fell in love. My kitchen is red, and I liked hers so much better! Though I'm not changing mine for a long time. =)
Anyway, good luck!
I love the fabric! I think blue would be great in there.
Hey. First of all I LOVE both fabrics. I might need you to tell me where you found them so I can copy.;0)
I would say paint the cabinet walls blue. Orange would be too similar to the cabinet color.
I love painting colors on walls.
Post a Comment