5 years ago
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tree Skirt and Stockings
Last Christmas, I felt like the worst mom because Abby didn't even have a stocking. So this year I went out shopping for a new tree skirt and stockings so our family could have matching stockings. They were all so expensive and I didn't love any of them, so I decided to make them. When I was growing up "santa" liked to put lots of little presents in our stockings and I wanted this same tradition, but most stockings are too small. So I decided that we needed gigantic stockings. I love the way the turned out, but I realize that some people think they are weird-I don't care. They were awesome on Christmas morning!!! Here are some pictures of my new tree skirt and stockings. By the way-I always wanted a star shaped tree skirt, but didn't realize until it was already made that this would mean that I would have to bind 6 corners and 6 half-corners-next time, it will just be a circle!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I love that tree skirt Anna! You did such a good job on it. I've been wanting to make one, but I just can't decide on a design. Very cute though I must say. And I love huge stockings. There never seems to be enough room in the ones we have! =)
Okay, Miss talented! Holy Cow those are amazingly cute! I love them! I am offically hiring you as my personal seamstress :) I have no talent with that kind of stuff whatsoever! Hey, the big stocking idea is great. There is NEVER enough room in regular stockings, anyway. Stockings are one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning.
Amber was telling me how cute those stocking were. I am so glad you posted pictures. They are stinking cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tree skirt. :-) So cute!
i love that skirt! you are the quilting Queen! I admire your talent
See I told you they were A-W-E-S-O-M-E! SO when are you gonna help me make mine? Oh wait, you and Sommer are still "helping" your non-sewing friend learn to sew! LOL!
I had not seen the tree skirt! It ROCKS! :)
SOOO CUTE!!!! You are amazing!!!
I feel like a bad friend. I don't know how to put that thing on my blog where it tells you that someone has a new post so I haven't looked for a little while. Holy cow Anna, I am constantly impressed with what an awesome seamstress you are...and so patient and dedicated. I am way too impatient.
Wow! You really are so talented!
You are my sewing hero! I thought I was cool because I made my son a pair of fleece pants with pockets. I bow in your magnificent presence!
Amazing... Simply amazing.
Post a Comment